{Epic] Saving Greater Daemons (was Re: [Epic] cheese)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:00:39 -0500

>From: duckrvr_at_...
>
> About the whole Doomweaver/GD thing, I still haven't found it, but I
> remember the explanation ran something along the lines of playing a card to
> save the demon was analagous to making an armor save (hence no cards in
> hth), and since the normal armor save is ignored by doomwavers . . .
> Cheesy? Yes. I never pressed the point if someone disagreed, but I wasn't
> about to give up the ability when someone else pointed it out ot me.

        Saving Greater Daemons by sacrificing Chaos Cards
does not in any way depend on whether an armor save is
allowed or not. The only factor that matters is whether or
not the attack is considered psychic. Since the doomweaver
webs are not warp-based, the GD can be saved.

        It is a fairly common misperception of the rules
that GDs cannot use cards to save themselves in close combat;
but that is not what the rules say. You _can_ save GDs
that lose close combats, unless that combat was against the
Avatar, a Warlock Titan, or Grey Knights.

Scott
shupes_at_...