Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:03:11 -0500 (EST)

duckrvr_at_... writes:
> At 16:30 01/22/1997 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >I'm glad to find someone else with the same opinion of Doomweavers.
> >Since subscribing to the list I've been astounded at the number of
> >refrences to Doomweavers as cheesy.
>
> Well, if many people consider them cheesy, then someone is not using them
> correctly if they consider them useless.

        I'm one of the "mostly useless" people. Sure, they're
beatiful in numbers where dodging a web throws you into another web,
but then you've got so many Doomweavers that most units are cheesy in
such quantity.

        When I fire them, I'm lucky to get a stand of dogfaces.
They're too orky for my tastes. The potential for massive damage
(Psylocked Overlord), but generally the Doomweavers just scatter and
get ignored. It's not like it will EVER land where you place the
template. Mandatory 2cm scatter is unpleasant on a 3cm diameter
template. Also, there's never terrain like a bridge or anything that
is small enough to try to block off using webbing.

Mark