Re: [Epic] Manticores (was Psychic Phase [was: Re: Titan Legions])

From: Bayani R Caes <LordSigma+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:17:02 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from mail: 22-Jan-97 Re: [Epic] Psychic Phase [w.. by Spatula_at_...
> > >I've never seen anywhere in the rules where it says you can split up your
> > >barrage templates from a battery of artillery; in fact it says under the
> > >rules for barrages that they are supposed to add together in one template.
> > >If you can point out a specific rule that says you can split them
up, fine,

> > >but otherwise I think you're going against the rules here. (Unless
you make

> > >up a house rule...)
> >
> > It's a special rule for the manticores. I can't quote the source, though.
> > Guys?
>
> The source would be Titan Legions, I believe. Manticores
> are exempted from the usual artillery-batteries-must-combine rule.

Titan Legions, Codex Titanicus, p. 35: "When a battery of Manticores is
fired you may either choose to have them all fire at the same target, in
wuich case a single barrage template is used and all the Manticores'
barrage points are added together, or you may have them fire at
individual targets, in which case a single barrage template is used for
each Manticore in the battery. If the Manticores fire separately,
however, each barrage template that is placed after the first must be
positioned so that the edge of the template is touching the edge of a
template from another Manticore in the same battery."

It's a good thing, too. I really don't think firing one barrage marker
with 18 BPs is a good idea, since the to-hit roll doesn't get any better
after 9 BPs.

Strangely, this is not mentioned in Armies of the Imperium....

Next question: Can barrage templates overlap, so long as the "edges
touching" part is satisfied? (This will require a minimum of 3
templates.)

-BC