Re: [Epic] Silver Towers' Beam of Power

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:45:44 -0600

> So the Lord of Change now fires in the psychic phase?

If you want him to, I suppose. I would have no problem allowing an
opponent to do this. (Damn it; if its a psychic weapon then it should
go off in the _at_#$& psychic phase! Why did GW create this phase if
they won't let psychic things fire during it?!) GD', the only important
commanders who can't be screened by their troops, have always seemed
to need a boost in our games anyway.

However, AC has continued to assure us that all GD powers, Magnus included,
still fire in the phase described in Renegades. Personally, I think
this falls in line with the GW refusal to update old rules as the game
evolves in new directions. They feel that having two sets of rules
(an old, outdated one based on how the game used to work, and a newer
and correct one base upon how the game works now) for one unit would
add confusion to the game. I feel the opposite. Having old, outdated
rules still hanging around causing interaction problems with newer
units and making the rule book look like a series of patches with no
thought or consistency adds much more confusion in my mind.

But, I don't make the game.

Or the rules.

Nor do I run a successful company.....

Allen (The EPIC Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/EPIC.html
If you have EPIC questions, send them to: allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Andy Chambers and Jervis Johnson.
Send all other correspondance to: allen_at_...