Re: [Epic] Silver Towers' Beam of Power

From: Tony Christney <acc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 15:36:24 -0800

>> I guess someone has to point out that although the Daemons move like
>> skimmers they can't make pop up attacks.
>>
>> Agro
>
>I thought it was the case that although most of the Greater Daemons
>have wings these are really only "decoration" and only two of them,
>the LoC and the Bloodthirster, were actually classed as skimmers (I
>don't have the rules handy so I can't be sure that I got the correct
>two GDs), with all normal skimmer rules (inc. pop ups ) applying to
>them.
>
>Colin P
>9404237p_at_...
In one of the questions I directed at the Primarchs through the list they
came back saying that yes, the chaos space marine primarchs DO have
functional wings. I remember reading in some of the background that
primarchs were flying about during the battle for earth during the Horus
Heresy. I truly believe that not classifying the primarchs as skimmers
for movement was an oversight when the rules were written up. It seemed so
obvious to the people I play with regularly that we just assumed it true.
That is, until I played someone outside my group. It came down to a dice
roll to keep the game flowing, which I lost. Magnus suddenly had a long way
to go to get across that river...

Tony Christney
acc_at_...