Re: [Epic] Help me kick the habit

From: <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:05:35 +1000 (EST)

>At 04:50 PM 1/27/97 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>Remember, the GW habit, like so many others, is a cruel mistress indeed, and
>>like all habits its a difficult one to break. On the 40K list they've had a
>>few people posting out about their addiction, like on might at an AA meetting.

Hello. My name is Kelvin.

I would like to give a word of encouragement to all those GW addicts out
there trying to kick the habit. I am a self-confessed GW addict. No matter
how much I hate the stupid rules or rulings or get outraged by the
exhorberant prices, I still went out and wasted money on their stuff. Until
now. I have kicked the habit. I still get the temptations of "Gee, those
Chaos Terminators look really nice, maybe I should start a Chaos army for
40K", but I restrain myself. It is hard. It will take a long time. But
its better to think of GW as a Wallet Vampire rather than a decent Gaming
Company. That always helps. I only hope that Epic 40K is no good.
Otherwise I may need rehabilitation again.

So remember, fellow addicts, this is an addiction that CAN be kicked! Now
if I could only get rid of my addiction to Computer Games and Anime........

-Kelvin.....

           "Two weeks ago I had it made.
             Two weeks ago I was dead."
          -Katchoo, Strangers in Paradise