Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 28 Jan 1997 15:40 EST

> Actually I don't think the colossus is pinned. GD are knights but are not
> Super Heavy. The colossus is still dead if it can't move though.

The rules for GDs say they move like infantry, but count as knights for combat
purposes, such as pinning. Since Knights are super-heavy, I don't see why GDs
shouldn't be.

> If you're worried about chaos just play Eldar. Look a 50 pt. prism cannon
> has about a 25% chance kill a 300 pt. GD every turn. Against the bugs the
> GDs fair about as bad. If you take 1 GD for every 1000 pts about 30% of
> your force winds up hiding and not contributing much to the fight.

Obviously the Eldar have some nasty anti-daemon weapons. However, not everybody
has (or wants) an Eldar army. Also, you may not know what army your opponent
will be choosing before you pick your own out.

This thread was originally about whether chaos cards that say "play on any
unit" can be or should be applied to GDs. I think we're getting a bit off-topic
here.