[Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:46:58 +0000

Greeetings

Since there has been no opposition towards me coordinating the making of
NET EPIC I think it is best we begin our efforts.

Before starting with the guidelines I wish to stress that NET EPIC will
not be complete until two criteria are met:

                -NET EPIC will not be complete until epic 40k is available and we can
assess the rules therein. This is especially true with regards with
rules regarding psychic powers and fliers and we hope something usable
will arise(don't hold your breath though!).

                -No version will be complete without playtesting. After the rules are
done we must try them out then fix or alter what we find wrong.

Also there has been the opinion that and effort to make NET EPIC should
wait until after epic 40k is available. The point is well taken, but
keep in mind it is much easier(by far) to edit an already exsisting
rules version and then alter it than starting from scratch!

AND NOW NET EPIC GUIDLINES

Guidelines

The organizational platform we will use is derived from Allens fine Q&A
protocol, this guarantees that we will cover each and every phase of the
game structure as well all of the armies.

EXAMPLE:We will discuss the orders phase then movement, combat phase
etc.

1- Each topic will be open to discussion for one week(more if the topic
warrants it).During this time the topic will be repeated daily to remind
everyone of the current issues. This is not to say that topics that are
not current cannot be commented on, but for the sake of organization
send those comments directly to me at [pramos1_at_...].In these
cases I will respond to you directly.
2-At the end of each discussion segment I will summarize what the
concensus on the given subject was.
3-I will always include a summary of some ideas I have playtested over
the years to stimulate discussion, but please also submit whatever new
ideas you have!
4-As the project evolves I will compile the rules and organize them,
then those who wish it I will forward copy of the rules so they can be
edited(more heads think better than one!).

THE TIME FOR TALK HAS PASSED! THE INTENT IS FOR ALL TO PARTICIPATE AND
EXPRESS THEIR VIEWS, DONT BE SILENT! WHAT BECOMES OF THIS GAME IS WHAT
WE PUT INTO IT,PUT ASIDE PETTY ARGUMENTS AND THINK LONG AND HARD WHAT
YOU WOULD LIKE THE GAME TO BECOME-THIS TIME IT IS ENTIRELY UP TO US!!!

FIRST TOPIC
1-Army construction, present system(company cards,etc.) or a individual
model points system(each figure assigned a point value), WHAT STAYS OR
GOES!

2-Order Phase,What will each of the orders mean in terms of movement and
firing.First Fire, Advance, Charge, Fallback

This first topic is short and concensus may be reached quickly so this
topic may not need a full week.

United we stand!
Peter