Re: [Epic] roolzboyz: close combat weapons and holofields

From: <csalvato_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 97 11:43:24

Epic 40k rulebook, page 32:
Special Rules: Super Heavy Weapons

Close Combat Weapons
Close Combat weapons are giant chainfists, power rams, claws, short ranged
burners, wrecking balls and other devices which are fitted to war engines so
that they can mangle other war engines in close combat. A war engine mounted
with a close combat weapon has a massive advantage in hand-to-hand combat over
another war engine.

War engines armed with close combat weapons double their Assault value if they
are fighting against an enemy war engine in close combat. IF A WAR ENGINE ARMED
WITH A CLOSE COMBAT WEAPON WINS A CLOSE COMBAT AGAINST AN ENEMY WAR ENGINE IT
AUTOMATICALLY INFLICTS CATASTROPHIC DAMAGE ON IT. Make one roll on the losing
war engine's Catastrophic Damage table to find out what happens to it.

(Emphasis mine)

So, we have close combat weapons "automatically" inflicting catastrophic damage
if the war engine wins the close assault. No rolling for hits. No rolling to
beat armor values. And no rolling for Holofields. Seems simple enough to me.

Just as a side note, I neither use nor play against Eldar forces, i just thought
I'd throw my $.02 into the ring...

Chris