RE: [Epic] Special Troops

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 07:39:07 -0400

Anyone out there tried to make special abilities, ala space wolfs and
Rave=
nwing from WD 210, for other races? I was thinking of giving some IG
troop=
ers the "White Scar" trait and calling them Catachan Jungle Fighters
or Att=
ila Rough Riders. Anyone else tried this? Why should Marines have
all the=
 fun?

[------->] Yes, actually. I used this a bit when making up individu=
al aspect warrior stats. For
instance Howling Banshees and Striking Scorpi=
ons had the Space Wolfes Ability. I wish they had come up with diffrent nam=
es, other than the names of the chapter. They the
abilites would be more u=
sefull.
------------------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumptions ar=
e threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assum=
e that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 millio=
n years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we c=
are."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
 =