RE: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 07:50:03 -0400

[------->] <snip how to make an airstrip>
The bonus is, when its complet=
e, I can use it not only for keeping track of
flyer status, but as terrain =
on the table too.

[------->] Does this mean you are going to keep flyers =
on the table, or one sides flyers on the table? I thought of doing somethin=
g like this(although I never tried to model an airstrip). We figured someth=
ing along the line of if the flyers are on the table they can fly every tur=
n, only skipping one if they are damaged. Also they always come from the ai=
r-strip, fly in a line, attack and fly back, all in the movement phase. The=
n they can be shot and assaulted on the ground. All flyers have an assault =
of 1 on the ground. For firefights you may choose to use the gunnery or nor=
mal assault value.

This would simulate an attack on an air field. However=
 if your opponent has artillary, your fliers are toast. I would dissallow a=
rtillary in this scenario.
-----------------------------------------------=
"Your incor=
rect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five G=
alaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from=
 the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is =
to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore