RE: [Epic] e40k: Terrain idea

From: james <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:42:47 -0400

RAZOR-WIRE

Counts as Difficult for Infantry, no effect for vehicles and w=
ar engines

Model: 40mm x 10 mm base covered with a spiral of wire. Simple=
 enough.

TANK BLOCKADES

Counts as Difficult terrain for vehicles, no eff=
ect for war engines/infantry.
Provides cover to models directly behind.

Mo=
del: 40mm x 10mm base with three little "pyramids" of sticks, painted
steel=
-ish color.

The "Defender" in a scenario gets to place any of these items =
on the table
before setting up.

I can just imagine Tank Blockades blocking=
 off roads in a city area, or razor
wire surrounding an Ork compound, etc..=
.

Do you think giving these away free is unbalancing? perhaps, if
attacke=
r/defender is predetermined, a points value could be given?

I can think of=
 several ways of handling this.
1)Give the stuff a points value
2)Use it i=
n a scenario with specified setup areas.
3)Give each side a specified poin=
ts value of fortifications.
This is for a one-off game, you just both set u=
p fortifications(maybe around objectives) and play.
Good ideas. I would say=
 each fortification cost maybe 2 pts per centimeter. Also you want rulse fo=
r making ways through them, for instance Tanks can crush a way through razo=
r wire while infantry can blow up tank blockades with gernades.
----------=
-------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You =
assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be =
bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your=
 most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David=
 Brin, Infinity's Shore