RE: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: james <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:11:21 -0400

> Apart from that, Orks are all-rounders. They're 2nd best at everything.=

> Out-shot by Imperials, out-CCd by nearly everyone else. Against an
> opp=
onent who's not really proficient with his force, and who doesn't
> have a =
set of pre-planned moves and tactics, you'll do well with even
> simple tac=
tics. But against a good opponent, you have to be either much
> better or v=
ery, very lucky to even draw. Regardless though, they're
> great fun, and d=
o have some excellent units.

I partially agree and partially disagree. The=
 strength of the orks is their numbers. There are just lots of them. Also, =
the all have a 4+ armour, which is nice. Their titans are also exceedingly =
cheap. A Mega Gargant is only slightly more than a warlord. That is the str=
ength of the ork, there are simply a green wave that keeps comming. Also, b=
ecause of shear numbers they can muster some decent firepower. The recent W=
D report is an example of this.
-------------------------------------------=
"Your i=
ncorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Fi=
ve Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts =
from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all=
 is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore