RE: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:31:29 -0500

>>As for more infantry, if you mean marine figures, I'd try and find an
>>old set
>>of the prior space marine box sets 1st or 2nd ed. Tons 'o Tacs in there.
>>
>>If you mean from the lists, I'd say take 'em as main & support both for
>>a few det's and see how that works..
>>
>>Chris Miller
>>>
>I mean, I'm getting into E40K, and 10 (Or 12, a matter of choice) Tactical,
>4 Devs, 4 Assaults just seem a little small. So, if I want to expand my
>infantry using e40k infantry, then where do I get them? This is my first
>dose of Epic, and I was always a little confused about where infantry came
>from, there weren't any infantry blister packs. I now know there are boxes
>of them, but those are for Old Epic, and I'm getting into e40k. Maybe I
>should just be patient. Ack, no, can't do it, I'm going out and getting Epic
>40k right now. bye
>
>Tyler

-----> The plastic figures don't change Tac, Assault, Devestators
are all the same, the Captains & Sergeants are all the same.
You won't get the techmarines, chaplains,medics,and Scouts, but
you will get the bikes and the old Land Speeders, which work just fine.

With the oldest Sprues, you get Rhinos, the old Land Raiders, and
a whole buncha Tac marines.

The vast majority of the Sprue figs for all the races released so far
were
not altered in any way for E40K. The older sets have more figs per
box, usuallly for less money.

The BASES are where you will run into trouble...

(and be glad there were no infantry blisters - can you imagine what
GW would charge for them, and how many you would need?)

Chris Miller