[Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 03:43:50 -0600 (CST)

Looking at the two little pieces of cardboard with the airstrips on them
that come with E40k, and imagining trying to fit a couple of detachments of
flyers on them, I came up with the idea of making a modelled airstrip that
is larger.

I used a 9" x 11" piece of corrugated cardboard for the base, foamcore for
the runways and taxiways. Paste made of flour, water, and white glue
filled the corners between the desert sand and the tarmac. A bunker and
control tower made of foamcore grace the area. Still to add: Crane gantry
and repair shop for repair side, munitions and fuel trucks for re-arm side,
sand between the tarmac and buildings and texture paint on the tarmac and
buildings.

The bonus is, when its complete, I can use it not only for keeping track of
flyer status, but as terrain on the table too.

Attached is a JPEG rendering of what is done so far.

Troy

Airstrip.JPG
(image/jpeg attachment: Airstrip.JPG)