Re: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 23:18:49 -0400

----------
> From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications
> Date: July 31, 1997 5:18 PM
>
> Page 14 of the battles book has rules for razor wire, entrenchments and
> bunkers, and page 13 has minefields and booby traps. They are all free
for
> the defending player.
>
> WD 144 has instructions for making these terrain features as well as flat
> paper templates for razorwire and minefields that are actually photo's of
> the studio terrain.
>
> To summarize the WD method of making razorwire:
>
> 1) cut a card base about 2cm by 12.5cm (vary the dimensions as desired)
>
> 2) Texture the base.
>
> 3) cut small sections of balsa wood, match sticks or cocktail sticks.
>
> 4) press these sections upright into the still soft texture on the base,
> aiming for two or three rows about 10-15 mm apart like fence posts
>
> 5) prime and paint the bases.
>
> 6) cut long strips of car body mesh, two strands at a time.
>
> 7) coil these strands around the tube from the inside of a ballpoint pen.
>
> 8) prime the coils black
>
> 9) glue them onto the fence post supports
>
> 10) dry brush the coils mithril silver.
>
> Troy

Sauron1 writes; I have used a similar method to make Epic scale razorwire
but I used metal screen window mesh cut into individual strips and coilled
around a small metal rod.The rest of the process is the same.By the
way,from my experience coilled barbed wire can get caught up in tank treads
rather well and is a real "bugger' to get out.Didn,t slow us down at first
but it jammed up in the drive sprockets a little later and draggee along
half the local terrain with us! It was our perimiter wire too! RSM was not
amused! sauron1