Re: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 06:50:17 -0400

> Sauron1 writes; I have used a similar method to make Epic scale
razorwire
> but I used metal screen window mesh cut into individual strips and
coilled
> around a small metal rod.The rest of the process is the same.By the

Okay, makes sense. So by cutting close to one of the strips of wire in
the screen I can see that you would get what appear to be small 'barbs'
in Epic scale. Actually, big barbs in Epic scale, small barbs to us.

> way,from my experience coilled barbed wire can get caught up in tank
treads
> rather well and is a real "bugger' to get out.Didn,t slow us down at
first
> but it jammed up in the drive sprockets a little later and draggee
along
> half the local terrain with us! It was our perimiter wire too! RSM
was not

Strangely enough, you just answered an idle question that I had been
wondering about for a while. Good to know even tanks can get fouled in
this kind of stuff. Perhaps tanks should have to take a dangerous
terrain test when crossing razor wire, which will not stop them that
turn but will prevent them moving the next turn?

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius