Re: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 08:58:21 -0400

----------
> From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications
> Date: August 1, 1997 6:50 AM
>

> > Sauron1 writes; I have used a similar method to make Epic scale
> razorwire
> > but I used metal screen window mesh cut into individual strips and
> coilled
> > around a small metal rod.The rest of the process is the same.By the
>
> Okay, makes sense. So by cutting close to one of the strips of wire in
> the screen I can see that you would get what appear to be small 'barbs'
> in Epic scale. Actually, big barbs in Epic scale, small barbs to us.
>
> > way,from my experience coilled barbed wire can get caught up in tank
> treads
> > rather well and is a real "bugger' to get out.Didn,t slow us down at
> first
> > but it jammed up in the drive sprockets a little later and draggee
> along
> > half the local terrain with us! It was our perimiter wire too! RSM
> was not
>
> Strangely enough, you just answered an idle question that I had been
> wondering about for a while. Good to know even tanks can get fouled in
> this kind of stuff. Perhaps tanks should have to take a dangerous
> terrain test when crossing razor wire, which will not stop them that
> turn but will prevent them moving the next turn?
>
> Regards,
>
> - Erik
>
> "Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
> up, if you will ever dig."
> - Marcus Aurelius

Sauron1 writes;Yes that is what we use as the razor wire terrain bit is
made up on wooden medical tounge depressers(larger popsicle sticks) from a
craft store. So the result is a 3/4 inch wide defensive piece wich
represents quite a band of wire at Epic scale.So is treatted as dangerous
for all ground troops.I must admit the idea was in a White Dwarf years ago
as part of an IG article. sauron1