Re: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:06:19 -0400

----------
From: James <jnug1453_at_...>
To: 'space-marine_at_...'
Subject: RE: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications
Date: August 1, 1997 7:48 AM

Sauron1 writes; I have used a similar method to make Epic scale razorwire
but I used metal screen window mesh cut into individual strips and coilled
around a small metal rod.The rest of the process is the same.By the
way,from my experience coilled barbed wire can get caught up in tank treads
rather well and is a real "bugger' to get out.Didn,t slow us down at first
but it jammed up in the drive sprockets a little later and draggee along
half the local terrain with us! It was our perimiter wire too! RSM was not
amused!

Ouch. Maybe a 5cm penaltie for tracked vehicals :). Actually, that might
make an effective weapon. One of the main ways infantry would kill tanks in
WWII was sneak up behind them and stick on gernades, throw gasoline on it,
ect. Hard to do that with a large V of razor wire behind it.
----------------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last
10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore

Sauron1 writes;We use thr rule that all ground troops lose a move when
entering barbbed wire defenses.This gives the wire its true value of
holding you up or channeling your attack so the defence can get a good shot
at you.And makes Jet pack assault troops worth buying and a real supprise
to defenders!The material was in an old copy of white dwarf on an article
of IG defensive works and was republished in a Epic2nd compendium i never
found here in Canada. sauron1