RE: [Epic] scenarios (long, also)

From: James <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 12:09:41 -0400

James wrote:
> I heard a rumor from people I know who went to games day ab=
out a new
> race for 40K. They are called Necroids and are tyranid like in =
that
> they assimilate things. (Sort like the ST Borg. ) They are supposed =
> look like Undead, skeletons with jump-packs and all that. Sounds kool.=

> Don't know if there will be a E40K version)

Seems like the Machine Nigh=
tmares from Global Games' Legions of Steel
would work well for those guys. =
 They look like skeleton/robots.

I'd like to see what the Epic things for =
that looked like.

Didn't someone on this list say you could see some plans=
 for them
on a picture in one of the Epic 40K books? Maybe I could get out=

a magnifier glass and take a look.

Not that I know of. I know there used =
to be a minitures catalog that had a bunch of minutres that were never rele=
ased. Eldar flyers and Exodite models(hopefull these will come out when the=
 eldar stuff does, the exodites looked kool. ) Also they had the orky Fight=
a-Bombers. If I recall the pictures were accurate. So maybe the will be rel=
eased. Some one posted the URL a while ago. I'll try and find it again.
It =
would be nice if they made an epic version. Epic has the fewest races of an=
y GW game.
Space Marines, imperial Guard, Tyranids, Orks, Eldar and Chaos. =
That's it. 40K has quite a few more, and Fantasy has zillions! Part of the =
advantage of many armies is no people in a gaming group have the same army.=
 I personlly like fighing a diffrent army, with diffrent strengths and weak=
nesses.
-------------------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumptions are=
 threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume=
 that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million=
 years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we ca=
re."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore