RE: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications

From: James <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 12:17:05 -0400

Sauron1 writes;We use thr rule that all ground troops lose a move when
ent=
ering barbbed wire defenses.This gives the wire its true value of
holding y=
ou up or channeling your attack so the defence can get a good shot
at you.A=
nd makes Jet pack assault troops worth buying and a real supprise
to defend=
ers!The material was in an old copy of white dwarf on an article
of IG defe=
nsive works and was republished in a Epic2nd compendium i never
found here =
in Canada. sauron1

I think you are refering to the Space Marine Battles Bo=
ok. The also include rules for bunkers(basicly tought structures that provi=
ded cover. I would make a rule that troops in a bunker cannot be shot at, h=
ave to shoot the bunker first. give them a chance to die when the bunker co=
llapses. There were also mine fields, and fortresses, which were large bunk=
ers mounting titan weapons. Mine fields i would say, on a 5+ any unit movin=
g through a minefield is attacked, roll a D6 to hit it. )
-----------------=
------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume =
law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound b=
y precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most i=
ncorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, =
Infinity's Shore