RE: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 11:52:36 -0500

>going

>for a
>> >
>> >"I've got you under my skin"
>> >"Jungle Boogie"
>> >anything by the group FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS
>> >"Jeepers Creepers(where'd you get those eyes?)"
>> >"Godzilla" by BlueOysterCult
>>
>> How could you guys forget the true tyrannid childrens classic!
>>
>> "It was a one-eyed, one-horned,
>> Flying Purple People-Eater..."
>>
>> David
>>
>Hey, I boogied to that tune as a five-year old. And it's music is certainly
>bouncy enough for a recruitment song... it's probably the clearest direct
>reference to a 'Nid that I've seen (although I'm not familiar with that
>'Godzilla' number; it could have some suitable lyrics about the sheer joy
>of consuming armies, cities, and the country of Japan).
>
>As far as I'm concerned, 'I'm a guardian and I'm okay' is the theme song of
>the eldar army from henceforth. That Tyranid tune was obviously a clever
>imitation used with some success on Eldar craftworlds.
>
>"Who wears short shorts" (I'm not sure if that's it's name, but it was in
>that Simpsons episode) probably scoops up stunty recruits by the
>thousand...
>
>Eugene

        Oh my son you have been deprived - "Godzilla" key lyrics:

"...oohhhh noooo - there goes Tokyo ,go go Godzilla !"

"...he picks up a bus and he throws it back down..."

"...people on a subway train, screamin out as he looks in on them.."

"...history shows again and again how nature points out the folly
of men..."

The live version is probably the coolest (sound effects!)...

David Lee Roth had an Album/CD named
"Eat 'em and Smile", though no individual song
really fits...

For Space Marines, it might be
Metallica's "Seek and Destroy"

Could the Squats use "Like a Rock"?