Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 23:27:23 -0500

On 28 Jan 97 at 17:46, Peter Ramos wrote:

> FIRST TOPIC
> 1-Army construction, present system(company cards,etc.) or a individual
> model points system(each figure assigned a point value), WHAT STAYS OR
> GOES!

Keep the current system. While we may want to make more individual
characters, like Phoenix Lords or Bjorn the Fell-Handed, the current
system is great. It limits cheese by requiring purchase of basic
troops (in the form of a company) before more specialized units (with a
higher cheese factor) can be added. Also, it forces the player to
follow the "historical" structure of the army. This is one of the
abuses that bothers me about WH40K. I will confess; both in 40K and in
EPIC, I am a Space Wolf player. (As if you couldn't figure that out
from my nom de guerre. :) ) However, an army composed completely of
Terminators, which can be done in 40K, is unrealistic. The army card
system puts a stop to such silliness.

> 2-Order Phase,What will each of the orders mean in terms of movement and
> firing.First Fire, Advance, Charge, Fallback

In light of recent posts we may wish to clarify the precise limitations
(or lack thereof) of these orders. (Not trying to poke fun, Brett)
However, with that caveat, the current system works very well.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf