Re: [Epic] Heroes and Dogs of War

From: Sean A. Upchurch <sau_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:18:35 -0700 (PDT)

> > Well, a single stealer eating most of a bikers
> > guild is pretty unlikely. I'm assuming there were Hive
> > Mind cards involved.
>
> Without getting into a tutorial on SM/TL, what exactly would Hive Mind
> cards allow that single genestealer to do?

Well, since this has caused some stir ...

Apologies to those Epic40K players as this explaination will dip heavily into
EPIC.

Fortuitous event #1 the guildmasters were already dead. This had a big effect.
Additional note #1 the Painted Stealer had a little bit of help.

The PS is attacked by 4 bikes each turn [the limit]. During the psychic phase,
a nearby hive tyrant 'Horrors' 2 of the detachments to 'Fall Back'. Hot dice
v Cold dice result in 4 kills. The bikers fail to rally. Next turn, the 3rd
det engages the stealer with 4 units. Tyranids play bio-assassin to take one
of the bikes down. PS plays overrun assault and hot v cold results in 3 kills.
Follow-up takes the PS into contact with 2 of the falling back bikes which it
kills in the upcoming CC phase. Total 9 kills. OK, not quite "most" but still
a respectable number.

Moral of the story: Victory goes to he who rolls well.

Updated moral for EPIC40K: Victory goes to he who can recover blast markers.

Final note:

Battle reports are coming back!! I don't know when the first one is due, but
I'll try to have at least one battle report each month. They'll be on my web
page, but I'll also let the list know when a new one is ready.

Sean U