RE: [Epic] Blast markers on titans

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:30:21 -0500

>> > "WHAAAAAAAAAT IS THE RULE SECTION AND NUMBER
>> > FOR INVOLUNTARY DECLOAKING CAUSED UNDER
>> > ENERGY BALANCE DUE TO DAMAGE IF I AM HIT BY
>> > A LARGE EXPLOSIVE MINE AND WHAT WOULD THE
>> > ADDITIONAL EFFECTS BE THEREOF IF I WAS OPERATING IN
>> > A NEBULA USING SUB-LIGHT EVASION WITH A LEGENDARY
>> > HELMSMAN ?!!! WELL? WHAT IS IT? WHAT WHAT WHAT!"
>> >
>> > It could be much worse.
>> >
>> > Chris Miller
>> --Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
>> "Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune
>
>Look, I'll bite. This question just keeps on popping up. So what is the
>answer????
>(I don't even play the game, I'm just getting sick of seeing a question
>with no answer!)
>Paul from Sinful Sydney.

----> Hey mister - you wanna know the answer you're gonna have to
buy 50 - 100 $ worth of rules sets.
        And then pray you never run into someone masochistic enough
to want to use "energy balance due to damage". You need a computer.
A fast computer.

        OKOK:A quick primer: SFB is kinda like battletech - each ship has a
damage diagram with all the firing charts, etc on it. You move around an
empty black hexmap normally, but instead of having heat that you deal
with after the fact, each ship has a fixed amount of warp, impulse, and
reactor energy it can generate. The Fed Cruiser has 30 warp, 4 impulse,
maybe 2 reactor, and you use it to move, fire weapons, raise shields,
 reinforce them, jam your enemy, etc. As you take damage, you lose
these, so at the start of each turn, you may have new totals to work
with . No problem.
        "Energy balance due to damage" involves re-figuring your
energy allocation every time you take a power hit. This turns a one-on
-one duel into work, but when my guys are into large multi ship fleet
battles
it's impossible to get anything done.
        The mine, cloak, nebula, and legendary officers are just minor at that
point.
        It is a cool game - if you find the basic set, it's about 20-25$ U.S.
I think, check it out. It's mainly for single ships/small fleets, but
you can do
larger battles given enough time & endurance.

Chris Miller
"Exploring the far reaches of off-topic posts"
(it IS Friday...)