Re: [Epic] Magnus the Red

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2097 18:11:47 -0400

----------
> From: HornedRat_at_...
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Magnus the Red
> Date: Friday, August 01, 1997 4:31 PM
>
> << Based on your info, I would have to agree and say start with
> Bloodthirster stats and add special abilities. That would make a neat
> Epic game - Angron and 20 Bloodthirsters being attacked by a ton of
> space marines trying to take him out.>>
>
> During the 1st Battle for Armageddon, it took an entire company (100)
Grey
> Knight terminators to take out Angron and his bodyguard of about 10
> 'Thirsters, and "less than a dozen" survived. So going by point values,
> giving Grey Knights...+1 assault and Psyker abilities, they'd be around
30
> pts each, so a company'd be 3000 pts. '

Uh... at 5 to a stand, they'd be 600 pts; much more reasonable. Angron then
comes out to being 310 pts., if you assume the fight was about even. That
would make him about the power level of a moderately sized War Engine --
which some people have already recommended. If you consider that he would
probably have a save like a Dominatrix, he could probably have otherwise
quite similar stats to a Lord of Battles or something.

Regards, Eugene