Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2097 18:46:27 -0400

----------
> From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies
> Date: Friday, August 01, 1997 3:55 PM
>
> >> But even better would be "Here Comes the Noise
> >> Marines" by Bolt Thrower, a band that made a few alblums
> >> about the 40k universe (no, seriously).
> >
> >And, sadly enough, I own two of 'em. (no, Seriously)
>
> Now I've lost all respect for both of you ;).
>
> >True about 'Unforgiven' - I had actually forgotten what that song was,
> >or that it was from newer Metallica recordings, Bob Rock era. "Four
> >Horsemen" is the obvious call, I think.
>
> I think Chaos would definetely require some punk or hard core music.
>
> The orks could anything by Cypress Hill :).
>
> David

Maybe, but for some reason, whenever I think Ork music, I think about some
of that loud neo-Celtic stuff like the Pogues, some Spirit of the West, and
some Ashley MacIsaac, cuz they can bellow along wiv' da choruses and bang
foreheads in time. I think they would also prefer punk music to metal,
because it requires less talent and it doesn't have those long guitar
solos. Although, I must admit, I have a strange mental picture of thousands
of Goffs singing along to the chorus of Black Sabbath's 'Iron Man'. Maybe
Ork musical preference is determined by clan.

Actually I could easily see an Ork and Gretchin pair bellowing back and
forth (one voice deep and growly, the other high and squeeky)
'Insane in the membrane...
'Insane in da BRAIN!

so obviously Cypress Hill is a fixture in Orkdom.

Eugene