Re: [Epic] Engines of Vaul??? Ha!

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 03:08:31 -0700 (PDT)

---Alan E Brain wrote:

> > That is the strength of the ork, there are simply a green wave
that >keeps comming. Also, because of shear numbers they can muster
some >decent firepower.

> As I said, simple tactics. There are a number of counters though,
which
> a player of high ability will have that will cut through them like
> butter.
>
> For example:
>
> Eldar Engines of Vaul. Pop-up Engines, immune to all fire except from
> other War Engines.

I'll only say one thing: 10 siege artillery units on overwatch.

Rundown:
10 siege artillery units fire at a detachment of Engines of Vaul (say
three vehicles), out of cover (artillery shells _do_ come from above,
remember), giving a total FP of 20 (assume that they are more than 6cm
apart). This will give an average of 8 1/3 hits. These will cause 8
1/3 points of damage, and will also inflict an average of 1 7/18
critical hits (wich will have an 81% chance of destroying one
vehicle). So you have now given each vehicle approx. 3 points of
damage, and have probably severely damaged or even destroyed 1 or 2 of
them. Give them 2 detachments of 10 siege artillery units and they
will certainly die.

And if two of those Engines of Vaul are under one template, goodnight
all from _one_ artillery detachment.

Christian

===
"90cm is short ranged?!? ...you must be an IG player."

                        Scott Shupe, 25/7/97

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109