Re: [Epic] ARMAGEDDON I/II

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 14:11:57 -0400

At 03:32 PM 8/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Aaron P Teske wrote:
>> > The second Battle, Waaaagh (too many A's again I think) Gazhgkull > >
(not enough consonants probably) was engineered by the Ulthwe > > Farseer
Eldrad Ulthran to divert the Orks from planets important to
>> > the survival of the Eldar.
>>
>> Fascinating, again... *this* I haven't heard, where is it in the >
literature?

>> Aaron Teske
>> Mithramuse+_at_...
>
> It's mentioned in Codex Eldar and there is at least one reference to
>it in one of the relatively recent WD's. Basically, Ulthwe raids
>shifted power to favor Ghazghkull Thraka over another Ork who would have
>attacked the Eldar.
> Kinda digressing here, but what's so great about Thraka? They say
>he's supposed to be one of the greatest Warlords yet the only Waagh he's
>personally led has been defeated. I'm pretty sure there are other Orks
>mentioned who have "ravaged many Imperial worlds" or some such so why
>does he still get all the fame?

Because he almost took a whole planet that was being held by the Imps, and
he got out alive. Thence forth he became a characters, and as such has taken
part in more battles then orkily possible. If there was an Ork Waaagh that
wasn't defeated, then there would be no Imps, Tyranid, Eldar or maybe even
Chaos.

Tyler