RE: [Epic] An off-topic question about Battletech

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 14:11:43 -0400

At 04:41 PM 8/3/97 +0200, you wrote:
>At 15:05 3-08-97 +0200, Brett Hollindale wrote:
>
>>I don't know that I would call 15 games in 7 years "die hard", but I
>>appreciate the sentiment...

Isn't Die Hard stubborn. Die hard would mean, that even if your team is
losing, you still like them. Rabid would means playing a lot of games.

>Someone who still puts all his money in a game that he can play about two
>times in a year, must really like the game, no? I probably used 'die hard'
>in a wrong sense, my knowledge of English.... 'Stubborn' is probably better,
>after all I play with space marines.
>>
>>Where are you writing from - surely someone can help you out...
>
>Belgium, a VERY peacefull corner of the 40K universe, except for the WH40K
>players.
>WH40K and cardgames rule here you know.
>
>Koen.
>>Agro

A: Someone should compile a list of willing list members, what version they
play, and where, and send it to all that are interested.
B: There are some places on the web that have lists of gamers, not much
Epic, even less Epic 40K, so, with Epic 40K I've been trying to convert 40k
players in my area over the net. There are a lot of people who might be
interested in a new game, so just mail any wargamers on the list that you
see, tell him/her that you have a great game and are looking for people to
play with, and let them use the other army that came in the boxed set (I
don't know if after 7 years you would still have it, but if you have two,
run demo games to generate interest. I'm sure your local store guy will let
you use his store (If he has table room) to demo games which can
convieniently be bought at the store. Oooh, what a marketing concept. That
way you might even start a club of 2n Ed. gamers to keep the dream alive.
Teens in the stores make good targets, I know, I was one.

Tyler