Re: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:58:34 -0400

----------
From: james nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
To: 'space-marine_at_...'
Subject: RE: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea
Date: August 4, 1997 7:54 AM

In epic, almost every infantry can shoot
In whfb only archer types can shoot

In Epic there are many different kinds of tanks
In whfb there are tank type things, but if you read the fluff, not enough
for an epic sized battle, basically the whole thing would be infantry. Now,
Epic FB would have to be played on a 4x4 table, otherwise can you image how
long it will take the dwarfs to get anywhere, seeing as they don't have an
troop carrying tanks (That I know of)

Well, you'd have a lot more troops riding monsters. Possibly monster
squards, groups of guys on griffons and the like. I can't think of what
they would use as centerpeices, i.e in epic titans provide a sort of visual
centerpiece for a force. Can't think of what the fantasy counterpart would
be. Maybe some sort of really large monster.
----------------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last
10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore

Sauron1 writes;Did not GW have a strategic level 6mm or less Warhammer game
a few years ago? It looked like something to run a warhammer campaign on.I
missed it as I don,t play with pointy thigs any more! sauron1