Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus Lists

From: Paul Collins <pcollins_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:17:57 +1000

----------
> From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus Lists
> Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 1:59 AM
>
> "Paul Collins" <pcollins_at_...> writes:
> > unit. Basically, Scale armor over Chain armor over a Gambeson. Armed
with
> > sword and kite shield. No horse's though, too hard to do any fighting).

> > With an average size of about 6' and weight of about 100Kg, we're
refering
> > to them as the Tanks. A flying wedge from these guy's will punch
through
> > anybody.
>
> Scale over what?!? You can still run *and* keep your balance
> at the same time? I'm impressed.
>
> Mark
One of the guys,Quaff, (Who is in this tank unit) once, during training
(wearing mail) lost his spear in a skirmish. Was charged by annother bloke
(mail, sword and shield). Quaff, who was weaponless, parryied the sword
with his hands (Steel sword at speed, with blows pulled on contact),
trapped the guy's wrist, quick hip toss and disarm, and "killed" him with
his own sword.
Followed by a shamefaced "oops, I'm not supposed to do that". Well fitted
armor doesen't affect you as much as you'd expect, although it does slow
you down a bit. Sold plates would be worse though.