RE: [Epic] Hero of the Day

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 11:43:20 +0200 (MET DST)

At 08:09 PM 5/8/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>Space Marine "BattleHawk"
>>
>>I'm thinkin FP 2 , Lousy intercept, armor 5+, Moderate Speed, Transport
>>(1)
>>
>>" The Battlehawk is yet another ingeneuos Space Marine adaptation
>>of the versatile Rhino. By taking the tried & true Rhino chassis
>>and using it as the basis for a flier, the Marines can field great
>>number of mobile transport/attack vehicles without having to rely
>>on Thunderhawks for everything. `
>>
>>Modeling Tips (until GW gets around to making one, which I am
>>quite sure they will do any day now)
>>
>>Take a Rhino. Cut off the wings and tail from an Imperial Fighter.
>>Stick them on in the appropriate places om the Rhino.
>>Paint to taste.
>>
>>(It is believed the Blood Axe ork tribe was the original source for
>>this idea, although their version involved a captured and not entirely
>>functional rhino, some madboyz, and a super-lifta-droppa...)
>>
>>Chris Miller
>>

>Hell Chris, you're just full of great ideas arn't you?
>
>Tyler

Hi Chris (and the rest)

My first Thunderhawk much like the one that yu describe. You need a rhino,
a land raider and an infantry base.

You cut about 5mm off the front of the landraider, glue the rhino in place
and cut the infantry base in half.

Trim the front edge of the base halves to the correct angle for THawk wings
and glue in place under the landraider treads.

Add six pencil leads from the right sort of pencil as "missiles" underwing,
add a turret, and you have a THawk made from the excess plastic bits you
didn't know what to do with...

Since it's made from mostly GW stuff, you could even use it at touraments
under the "customising" provisions (maybe...)

Agro