Re: [Epic] Terrain question... -Reply

From: Keith Shuler <keith.shuler_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 12:44:21 -0400

I had a friend who did some neat things with
clear acrylics and varnishes when making
streams. He would keep a close eye on the
stuff as it dried. When it got a little tacky and
gooey, he'd run lines through it with a
popsicle stick or such. He would take and
work it into rapids and little ripples around
rocks. He'd highlight these additions in
whites and they really looked like little raised
white-caps up above the waterline. Neatest
thing I ever saw, but I never had the patience
to get it right. I can paint, but sculpting water
is a little different. Just a suggestion for you
more talented and time-suffering scenery
designers. In my case it usually boils down to
something like, "Okay, the Quaker Oats can is
the fuel storage, and whoever wins gets the
bag of M&M's that is serving as the impassible
swamp terrain. Hey, quit dealin' those cards,
what do expect the vehicles to drive on if you
use the asphalt as a royal flush? Sheeesh!"
(Well, it might not be that bad but I can be the
master of improvisation when required...)

Keith Shuler
keith.shuler_at_...

"Not the face, not the face" battle cry of my
current WFRP crew