RE: [Epic] Um, just one more wuestion, honest!

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 09:27:05 -0700

At 07:37 AM 8/6/97 -0700, you wrote:

>All of the Ork detachments list a chain of command which does *not* end in
>"any
>other unit". For instance:
>
>Ork Warband: Warboss>Nobz>Orks
>Ork Kult of Speed: Warboss>Battlewagons>Buggies/Bikez>Nobz
>Ork Warlord: Warlord>Nobz>Orks

>What happens if, by some quirk, the only units left are units which are not
>listed on the chain of command:
>
>a) The detachment is permanently "out-of-command"
>b) The detachment simply does not have a command unit
>c) The Ork detachment sheets are a typo, and any other unit may take over.
>
>Examples:
>
>Ork Warband with only a squiggoth and two gretchin stands remaining
        Who's on the Squiggoth, Orks or Gretchin?
>Ork Kult of Speed with 3 Speedstas and a Flakwagon
        Orks are driving...
>Ork Warlord with only two Stompas remaining
        Again, Orks are driving...

>I suspect that this is a typo, and would like to suggest that this go into
>the
>next Q&A list sent to GW.
>
>So far, this has only come up once, and we played as if answer (c) was
>correct.
>Opinions? Comments? Rules references to set me straight?

        I don't see how this rule is limiting; most vehicles (including Dreads)
are operated by Orks so there's no problem...

        Gretchin, of course, don't have enough initiative to formulate any kind of
plan on their own.

Nickles