Re: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:43:31 -0400

----------
> From: Jon & Patty <bitn1byte_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea
> Date: August 7, 1997 5:46 PM
>
> Bill Provick wrote:
> >
> > At 03:44 PM 8/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
> > >I believe it was called "Mighty Empires", but I'm not sure if I'm
> > remembering the epic fantasy game, or the large fantasy game designed
for
> > beginners that plays on a "Twister" size plastic mat.
> > >
> > >I took a look at the epic fantasy game (which I will call "Mighty
Empires"
> > for now until I can remember for sure what it was) back around 1990. I
> > don't remember exactly when GW stopped production. I liked the concept
of
> > designing a custom fantasy world: they had a stack of about 30 or so
hex
> > cards that measured about 4" across. You and your opponent(s) worked
> > together to place the cards in a cohesive design until you had a world,
then
> > placed your cities. The armies each had a point value to represent
there
> > relevant size. Depending on the number of cities you controlled
related to
> > the relavant strength that city could muster in army troops.
> > >
> > >I didn't buy it at the time due to lack of funds; for which I'm always
> > regretting now. I didn't actually play the game at the time, just
looked at
> > it; so if someone out there knows what I'm talking about, feel free to
clarify.
> > The game your thinking of has standard 25mm miniatures, because if I
> > remember correctly a store-owner friend of mine got a copy from
Toy'r'us and
> > used the miniatures in a FB army.
> >
> > But I concede, it is possible for Epic FB, it might even be worthwhile.
> > just don't think you'll see it anytime soon. So, to make up my earlier
> > negativity I suggest this.
> >
> > Proxy
> >
> > If you have WH40K and FB, then you know the rule differences.
> > If you have WH40K and Epic40K then you know the rule differences.
> > If you do all sorts of equivilencies and lots of playtesting, you can
figure
> > out rules for FB. And until you can get your hands on the suitable
> > miniatures, get yourself some "Green Stuff" or just proxy using E40K
mini's.
> > That way the army you collect for E40K can be used in EFB.
> >
> > And if you do decide to do something that crazy, here are two tips.
> >
> > Tip 1: It took me and a friend a couple of months to revamp the
Necromunda
> > rules to allow movement of gangs on a map (Along with other things)And
we
> > haven't had a chance to play it, and might never
> >
> > Tip 2: Call the game something that doesn't have Epic or Warhammer in
it,
> > because it's just getting too damn confusing. Soon there'll be Space
Hulk
> > 40k, and Epic Space Hulk, and Epic Space Hulk 40k, and Talisman 40K,
and
> > Epic Warhammer Quest, and Warhammer Quest 40K. So you see, it would be
> > good idea not to use a name that already is common. Call it "The Fuzzy
Bunny
> > Game" or something.
> >
> > Tyler
> sounds like battlemasters...an ok game just for s & g's......JR

Sauron1 writes; I asked about the Mighty Empires game at my club and Dave
brought in a copy. What a box.The game,with the terrain tiles,plastic and
metal armies and fleets looks like a great game! IN any period the idea
would make an ideal strategic system.I for one would buy it in 40000
form.How about any one wiyh contacts in England to GW ask about this
one.(sorry about the of topic) sauron1