[Epic] Basing Ideas

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 12:18:27 -0400

>> Battle's book, Page 5, 6th paragrapg. "A good guideline to use is a
>> maximum limit of 10 to 20 points per centimetre of table width..."
>>
>Sauron1 writes;At my club there are two large 8x16 ft tables.There are
>approximately 30cm/ft. That gives eather 2400 or 4800 points. I can field
>32 Warlord titans and 15 companies of SM plus inumerable support. I should
>be able to do it!{in Epic2nd of course!} sauron1

I was thinking about how many points I could squeeze unto my bed. (Many beds
have a hard box like thing which I believe is called a Box Spring that gives
the bed support, seeing as it's nice and hard, it makes a good playing area,
since my room is big enough for it, it leaves plenty of room for a couple of
guys sitting on Bean bag chairs to have a game. I will of course, have to
playtest this idea, I just finished assembling all my Orks last night)

Speaking of Orks, I think that some of the Ork Mobz are supposed to be led
by a Nob, seeing as I had three Nobz left over and 12 boyz, I put 4 boyz to
a stand with a Nob in the middle, works and looks great, plus I have the
total Nobz standz. I wonder, should I use Nob led to represent Clan Boyz
Mobz, or Nobz Mopz. Or something different.

Since I had used my extra Marines to fill out my Librarian Stands, I had one
base left over (As well as 3 heavy wpns and 1 sergeant) I then cut it in
half and used the parts to base my shokk attack gun (My other gun already
based on a piece of card from a cigarette box.

Which reminds me, the insides of cigarette boxes, the part that slides out,
make great sand holder, you pour your sand on people in there, and then can
funnel the sand back into the jar for re-use. This is because the folded
sides don't let any sand spill

Tyler