Re: [Epic] Rhinos

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 09:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

> >Sauron1 writes;Steve, I use the same tactic but when I drop off my assault
> >marines I leave the Rhinos in front to act as a shieldwall unil the next
> >turn or two to co-ordinate an attack. I am thinking of buying some of the
> >new razorback support rhinos to mix in this shield wall.What do you think?
> >sauron1
> >
> I think that would be great. Not only can they shoot, they also only carry
> one unit, which gives you the excuse to have lots. And if your opponent is
> not aware that they carry troops, well all the better.

I thought razorbacks were costly...
I use one in 40K, it nearly always carries the heavies and sarge of my
devs into a good tactical location. They are surprisingly good vehicles.

> "If I buy rhinos for a unit, does that unit have to start in that rhino, or
> can he start on foot or in a Land Raider or Rhino? Or does he have to
> dismount the Rhino and mount the Land Raider or Razorback in his first of
> subsequent turns?"
I would imagine that any transport unit in a detachment would be valid
for starting your marines in, Eg. If you buy no rhinos but tons of LRs,
you may start the marines in the LRs (Good for Devs. Anybody remember my
2nd Ed Heavy devestator company, which replaced all the rhinos with LRs
and cost 1400pts?)

Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of