[Epic] Rhinos

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 12:33:14 -0400

>Sauron1 writes;Steve, I use the same tactic but when I drop off my assault
>marines I leave the Rhinos in front to act as a shieldwall unil the next
>turn or two to co-ordinate an attack. I am thinking of buying some of the
>new razorback support rhinos to mix in this shield wall.What do you think?
>sauron1

I think that would be great. Not only can they shoot, they also only carry
one unit, which gives you the excuse to have lots. And if your opponent is
not aware that they carry troops, well all the better.

Here is a Tactic

You can buy Rhinos for all your squads, and Razorbacks from the support
section. Now, you put half your squads in the Razorbacks (Filling them all
up) and the other half in your Rhinos (Filling half of them) With half of
your rhinos empty, you have good decoys (Like in the earlier post, except
you cannot just "Buy Rhinos" unless they are have passengers. As well as
Razorbacks, which some people might forget, or not think of as troop
transports. And their cheaper then Land Raiders, as well as less of a
threat, which means your opponent won't automatically target them.

The only problem is the rule question

"If I buy rhinos for a unit, does that unit have to start in that rhino, or
can he start on foot or in a Land Raider or Rhino? Or does he have to
dismount the Rhino and mount the Land Raider or Razorback in his first of
subsequent turns?"

Tyler