Re: PAINTING, was Re: [Epic] quoting articles, picture question

From: Sean Kennedy <sean_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 14:34:17 -0700

At 11:44 AM 8/8/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I would love to have a gallery type web site. If I could All I would do
>is showcase peoples work, I think painting is one of the major components
>of the game, I personally have been painting for many years, and although
>it sounds like I am tooting my own horn, I know I am one of the best,
>certainly in Vancouver, the only reason because of this is because I know
>that painting is a part of playing the game, and I spend a lot of time
>doing it, I never rush anything (I just spent 3 hours painting an epic
>weirdboy and 4 boyz). Yes it takes forever, and yes it is worth it, I
>think if there was a website that showed work of all calibres, then maybe
>more people would realise the importance of painting, even if you are a
>novice, then a lot can be learnt too. Most people have GW pictures to go
>from, which is one style, with little variety (I remember when it used to
>be a mixed bag in 'eavy metal).

Check out my page! My art gallery is about the only thing up at the moment,
but I am expanding rapidly.

http://www.bykenkaz.com/sean ->Warhammer->Art.

Feel free to send me any photos you would like posted. I am working on a
page of all the artists and number coding them on the thumbnail photos so
you can see who painted what.

I am a fairly good painter, but I could use more work. I just recently
entered one of my Tyranid Epic40K detachments at a con and I took 1st in
the Unit category. One of the best things I did for my painting was to
trap a very good painter and make him tell me all of his secrets :)

Sean Kennedy:
  Internet - sean_at_...
  WWW - http://www.bykenkaz.com/sean
  Compuserve - 74252,424