Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus Lists

From: Alan E Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 15:06:13 -0700

Sauron1 wrote:

> Sauron1 writes.Do you actually make all the armour and weapons and re-enact
> hand to hand combat?

Yes, exactly. Their are basically 2 streams of Medieval Societies: the
Metal Weapons groups, who use live steel and pull their blows, and the
SCA who use Ratan 'safe' (HA!) weapons and full-force blows.

The main problem for me when fighting (haven't done so for years) was
overheating rather than getting tired. In order to take the impact of a
sword, you need to be wearing a quilted gambeson, with Cuirboilli or
similar inserts
over vital areas like Kidneys, then preferrably some 6-ring mail (though
4-ring is much more likely) then jezzeraint or plate or whatever, plus
plate over all joints.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture