Re: [Epic] Painting the little guys

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

My marines are simple, I paint them blood red or black (Blood angels and
DA) the red I wash with watered down chestnut, then I highlight the red
with orange, the black with DA green, and then I highlight the red with
orange/yellow/white mix and the DAs with emerald green. I paint the
shoulder pads the det. colour witht the company logo (normally a stripe
or cross) and paint the guns metal on black.
My orks on the other hand... All my bad moon commanders have the black
flames all over them. My deathskulls took 7 hours to paint the command
(one each of the new models), They even have blue striped war paint like
in braveheart. My goff wierdboy is in a red/yellow quartered outfit and
the little doll on the top of his staff is the same. All my ork command
has 5 layers of highlighting to the flesh. It takes time, but the
commanders are worth the effort.
I also have a single marine painted in the howling griffons outfit, that
I painted the griffon and company insignia onto. (shoulder pad) Even
people who have never played can recognize it as a griffon.

Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of