Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus Lists

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:24:44 -0400

>There's two tees in "rattan" and you need that armour - I can break all four
>of your limbs in under a second with a rattan sword, and some guys I know
>could throw in your ribs and jaw for good measure...
>
>Which is to say that most people can strike 4 full strength blows a second
>to widely spaced targets, and really skilled folks could do up to 7...
Who needs Rattan when you have Gogu. 2nd day in learnt how to run from a
knife, third day learnt how to rip someone's arm off. Not that I could do
that, only practised on willing targets and didn't complete the move, for
obvious reasons. So if anyone resists, I am unable (Subconciously unwilling)

But if you want to end the day bruised from combat, then I suggest a mean
game of Karate (or full contact) basketball. Not only can I not shot a
basket on normal circumstances, but when I am getting leg barred as
well(Love those pressure points) And of course, 25 push-ups if you miss. I
don't think anyone got seriously hurt, because only the sensias were good
enough to confront a charging ball carrier (As well as the highly skilled
blue belts) or were crazy enough to go after someone when they had the ball.
My friend got a thumb in the eye, but that was from what could be considered
a normal basketball move.

Anyway, just the mention of really skilled folks reminded me of Sensie Greg,
who could walk forward from a kneeling position. (Ie kneeling, standing,
walking forward) with three guys pushing against him. I'm sure he could do 7.

And a Space Marine would either spit poison on you, or eat you to get your
memories, none of the pussy bone-breaking crap. Gee, if you think of it,
maybe the Chapter Geneseed is actually a Tyranid organism evolved to produce
violence and warfare in humans, but because of the efforts of the God
Emperor (No, not Leto II) all the humans with access to the Geneseed fought
together as one. It almost worked, what with the Horus Heresy, but now I
think the Bugs are regretting it.

Tyler