Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus Lists

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 21:35:59 -0500

>Sauron1 writes; This topic is appropriate for the title of this string.
>The effort to make armour,even with modern methods must be very time
>consuming. To learn I can see you really taking an apprenticeship just like
>in history to learn your craft. A few questiones; Do they rivet the mail,
>is it made from bought flat or round wire, dose anyone use flat scale mail,
>and like any hobby the new people must be a whole lot less armored that the
>"old hands". I think you must have a very good medical plan too. sauron1

To make one helmet with alot of heavy industrial equipment(presses, buffers
etc...) took about 3 days from start to finish. And that is hauling butt
and burning the oil.

They do use rivets. What type of mail are you speaking of? Chain mail is
made by winding wire to the correct diameter and cutting it into rings then
putting them back together (it is alot like knitting and a lot more time
consuming.) They do use flat scale but it is usually very heavy and slows
you down alot.

I have worse injuries playing football or rugby.

                                                        That Chuk Guy