[Epic] Adeptus Ministorum Detachment

From: Tommy Roju <troju_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:47:37 +0200

I was painting up a squad of 40K Battle Sisters when I got inspired and
made up an Adeptus Ministorium Detachment. Since I don't have the Sisters
of Battle Codex yet, much of this is based on rumours and guesses but I'll
post it anyway...

Infantry
Name Move Range FP Assault Armour Special
Battle Sisters 10cm 15cm 2 2 5+
Seraphim as Battle Sisters +Jump Pack, Assault
Canoness as Battle Sisters +Hero

Frater Militaris 10 cm 15 cm 1 1 3+
Preacher/Missionarie as Frater Militaris +Save
Confessor as Frater Militaris +Hero, Assault

Vehicles
Name Move Range FP Assault Armour Special
Immolator 30cm 15cm 3 1 5+ Close Support, Transport (1)

Adeptus Ministorium Detachment

Special Rule: If there are no Psykers included in the Imperium Army, the
Adeptus Ministorium Detachment counts as 'Stubborn'.

Command:
You most choose a commander.

1 Detachment HQ +25 pts

Up to one Canoness 20 pts
Consists of 1 Battle Sister unit (Hero)
Extra cost to:
        Mount in Rhino* +7 pts
        Mount in Razorback* +15 pts
        Mount In Immolator* +18 pts
        Upgrade to Jump Packs Free
(* Choose one vehicle only)

Up to one Confessor 15 pts
Consists of 1 Frater Militaris unit (Hero, Assault)
Extra cost to:
        Mount in Chimera +14 pts

Main Force:
Choose up to 10 squads from the following list.

Battle Sister Squad 11 pts
Consists of 1 Battle Sister Unit
Extra cost to:
        Mount in Rhino* +7 pts
        Mount in Razorback* +15 pts
        Mount In Immolator* +28 pts
        Upgrade to Seraphim
        (Assault, Jump Packs) +4 pts
(* Choose one vehicle only)

Frater Militaris Squad 5 pts per unit
Consists of 1 to 4 Frater Militaris units
Extra cost to:
        Mount in Chimera +14 pts per unit
        Include a Preacher/Missionarie in one of the units.
        (Save) +4 pts

Support:
Make up to 10 choices from the following list, but you may not exceed the
number of Battle Sister Squads in the main force.

Immolator 28 pts
Predator 27 pts
Whirlwind 26 pts
Vindicator 22 pts

Chain of Command: Confessor > Canoness > Units including
Preachers/Missionaries > Battle Sisters > Any other unit.

Notes: I gave the Battle Sisters a 15 cm range because their heavy and
special weapon upgrades are limited to Meltaguns, Flamers, Multi-Meltas,
Heavy Bolters and Heavy Flamers, which all are rather short-ranged, but
have a great firepower, one of the reasons why I gave the Sisters FP 2. The
other reason is that the Seraphim assault troops carries two boltpistols or
2 handflamers which they are allowed to fire simultaneously thus
effectively doubling their firepower.
I also gave them access to all of the Rhino chassis variants so that they
would have something else than Immolator tanks for support.
The Immolator tank, which is a Rhino chassis with twin-linked heavy
flamers, is based on the Hellhound stats, but with the speed and transport
capabilities of a Razorback.
The Frater Militaris are semi-military forces consisting of badly trained
fanatics armed with pistols, hand weapons and so on.
I'm a bit unsure about the Confessors, Preachers and Missionaries abilities
but the do have a forcefield.
I included the 'stubborn if no psykers' rule because of the Ecclesiarchys
disgust for psykers and to simulate their 'sacred rites' special rule.
I'm currently not sure if the Sisters are allowed to ride bikes so I
therefore left out that option. (But it would be nice though, the thought
of 'Biker Nuns with Guns' gives me chills running down my spine�)

TR