Re: [Epic] Race comparisons with WWII

From: <Foggddm_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:35:21 -0400 (EDT)

<< On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 Foggddm_at_... wrote:

> I've always felt the orks felt more like japanese, massed waves (banzai),
> modified vehicles, assault tactics.
> WWII comparisons IMHO...
> Imperial guard= Russians
> Eldar = British
> Marines = U.S.
> Orks = Japanese
> Chaos = Germans
> Tyrranids = Chinese Communists

 How is Chaos the Germans? Also, I don't think the Tyranids handle
 guerilla warfare that well.

The theory behind communism as practiced was it spread, to take over other
systems.
Chaos has marines so has some of the same advantages but is burdened with
other traipsings (demons etc) ala practices perpetrated by the nazis.
British did not have freat numbers but had good equipment (spitfires, etc)
ala eldar
U.S. had overall good stuff with some superior pieces
Japanese were good assault troops and during charges had to be killed almost
to the man
russians had lots of infantry, lots of tanks and artillery. The U.S. could
outproduce but the Russians could get more there due to logistics.