Re: [Epic] The Hobby

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 16:10:11 -0700

>>Now, you may say to me, "oh, so sit down and paint one detachment a night,
>>you'll get it done in no time." Sure, and I'll not see my girlfrined who
>lives
>>70 miles away,

        Yeah, long distance romance is tough enough...

 I'll not spend any time with my family, I'll not spend any time
>>playing the multitude of other games out there, I'll not play any computer
>games
>>I happen to own, I'll not do anything around the house that needs to be
done,
>>and I'll not do anything else I might plan on doing because I work 5 days a
>week
>>and have many other obligations.
>
>Actually, I would say a stand when you can, not everyday. I'm on summer
>vacation, and spend most of my time bumming around the house, but even I
>don't paint a detachment a day.
>
>Tyler

        Personally, I'm starting with the vehicles first, then moving on to the
stands. Chaos has lots of models that are just big enough (Flesh Hounds,
Horrors, Bloodletters, etc.) that they require more attention than the
average stand yet are numerous enough to be a pain in my nether regions...

        Maybe I should alternate: a stand or two, then some demons, then some
vehicles just to keep from getting bored. My army is about 3000 pts and I
feel slightly daunted by the numbers...

        BTW, any good suggestions for Chaos color schemes? Black and red and white
is all well and good, but it's BORING!!

Nickles