Re: [Epic] The Hobby

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:50:03 -0400

Chris White wrote:

> Personally, I'm starting with the vehicles first, then moving on to the
> stands. Chaos has lots of models that are just big enough (Flesh Hounds,
> Horrors, Bloodletters, etc.) that they require more attention than the
> average stand yet are numerous enough to be a pain in my nether regions...

        Where did you get lesser daemons in this day & age?
GWUK?

        I actually enjoyed painting the lesser daemons a
lot more than painting the little scrubs. They're fairly
large & undetailed, so for me it was just a matter of
slapping on a base color, drybrushing, and then adding in
the details (swords, teeth, tentacles, whatever). While
the little schmucks don't look very good if you paint
them a single color + highlights, and they're small, hard
to pick out detail on, etc etc.

> Maybe I should alternate: a stand or two, then some demons, then some
> vehicles just to keep from getting bored. My army is about 3000 pts and I
> feel slightly daunted by the numbers...
>
> BTW, any good suggestions for Chaos color schemes? Black and red and white
> is all well and good, but it's BORING!!

        I hear blue & yellow is nisssse....

Scott
shupes_at_...