Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:11:20 -0400

> Even looking at the non-bike marine plastics, I
>couldn't figure out what the heck I was supposed to do with
>what came in the box set (not that it matters to me, I'll
>probably take the bikes for my chaos army and let the rest
>collect dust). As near as I can figure, a tac squad is: 9
>marines with bolters + 1 marine with a heavy weapon. A dev
>squad is: 5 marines w/bolters + 4 marines w/heavy weapons +
>1 sergeant. Correct me if I'm wrong. But assuming I'm not
>and looking at what they give you, it's only possible to put
>together like 1 or 2 dev squads, 1 or 2 assault squads, and
>a small handful of tac squads. How is anyone supposed to
>get a decent sized force with that?!?

Actually, it comes to 5 tactical Squads, 2 Assault, 2 Devastators, 2
Terminators, 2 Librarians, 2 Commands, 2 Scouts, 3 individual heavy marines
(Can be used as support weapons, ie Tarantulas) and a sergeant in a pear
tree. Oh, and 8 bikes, 6 Landraiders, 6 Whirlwinds, and 12 Rhinos.
Using them all, excluding the lonely sergeant and his three hvy dudes, and
using each bike as a single unit, we arrive at something close, but not over
1000pts. Which is good, because being under means you get that extra fate
card. The Orks, using all the miniatures, including all the bikes and
warboars as seperate units, comes to something over 1000pts. Which means the
Marines are currently at an advantage, expecially if you have the Imperial
Tarot, which means that every card you get (Except the harlequin) gives you
the re-roll, or the psykik blast. As well as a nice card against the Orkies.

> Tape cases with autocannons on the side?

The bike had autocannons on the side, the tapes were blank.

> Use proxies. As long as you can tell what
>something is *supposed* to be, I don't see the problem.
>Experimentation with your force is tough if you're always
>playing WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

Hmmm, I notice he sniped my amazingly boring "How I bought Epic 40K" lecture
thing

Tyler