Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:03:19 -0400 (EDT)

allen_at_... (A. Allen McCarley) writes:
> > Do you actually base with sand and then paint it green?

> > Mark
>
> Yes. The great thing about sand is that after you paint if green, you can
> highlight it with yellow. Makes for a cool effect. The downside, of course,
> is that this greatly increases the amount of time it takes to base your
> infantry. I did one detatchment of my Space Wolves this way (10 stands)
> then switched to flock.

        Right, I have 18 stands of Guardians and about 5 Jetbikes done
with sand. Then someone in the gaming group found their supply of
flock. It's so much nicer. I was wondering if anyone still based
using sand after discovering flock.

> It takes me several days to paint s squad of infantry
> anyway. I didn't need the increase overhead of sand.

        I'm back down to under an hour per stand if I try. :) (More
like 30 minutes if it's rank + file, haven't tried the new fancy
infantry yet, that will probably be more than an hour.)

Mark